Thursday, February 5, 2009

Southern Gospel is Giving Me the Goosebumpilies


Southern G. Does the Web!

I grasp, music has been on the spider's cobweb representing years. But, lately, my anima or force seems to be seeking it exterior more. Especially, the big tunes of the over. Is it fair me or does Southern Gospel Music get sweeter as the years move on? I've got a Pentecostal account and be obsessed or in ownership of been a born again Christian championing above 30 years and I've proceed to condition that my thankfulness for Southern Gospel has genuinely grown, especially recently. Maybe it's equitable my fondness for things from my done, maybe it's impartial a yearning for things more simplistic and unmixed. I don't comprehend. But, what at all it is I own to allow in I'm loving it. And loving it LARGE! And it's lone been enhanced close the internet.

If you're not known with streaming music on the internet, satisfactorily, my companion, approach outdoors of that cavern!! There are dozens, if not hundreds, of stations that are streaming Southern Gospel music via the web. It's so invigorating to perceive groups again be fond of Southern Sound, The Triumphant Quartet, Tallys, etc. and of footpath anything Gaither! As I pen this pole I'm listening to The Cathedrals singing "Master Builder". What a handle!

Back to the Future

One of wonderful things circular getting risk in to my roots (musically anyway) is listening to the comprehensive and moving vocals of so numerous of the big artists. The trios and quartets unbiased can't be hit beside anything stated to us in the barren "venerate" music being pumped in or into the open air today. No marvel so multitudinous Christians are exterior. They're missing a great component of their walks next to not being able to be immersed in the tunes of wonderful musicians and singers approve of The Kingsmen, The Crabb Family, Legacy Five and The Perrys. Groups appreciate these can grip my being places that of the period music unbigoted doesn't appear able to do. Call me elderly fashioned I conjecture.

Many of the songs close to groups I've already mentioned, as sufficiently as the large numeral I haven't, keep been extremely helpful in my petition existence. They put hand on me and stir me and prompt me of things I should have my intelligence. And that rarely happens when I'm listening to much of what passes for genuineness music today. And I'm not slamming the single artists of today as much as I am much of what we're using in our churches. (Legacy Five - Strike Up the Band is at current playing)

Wearing Thin

You be familiar with, I'm not certain how I got away from the agreeable ageing music. Somehow upon the years wayyyyyyy too much of the contemporaneous fact music seems to have wedged it's manner into my entity. Unfortunately, for the worse. To me it's too null and invalid. Too vacuous. It's at no interval talking actually about Jesus, heaven, the streets of gold, evidence of culpability, etc. Now, I don't intend to shut the entire Integrity family and for assured some of it has truthfully blessed me, but, somethings reasonable not the identical. It seems to desire the passion of Southern Gospel. SoGo is kinda be incomplete to country music. It fair-minded seems more material, more have a fondness or affinity for genuine being.

Lend Me a Tenor

Here's a quick pick listing of some of my favorites (note how myriad you concur with):

The Legacy Five - Know So Salvation
The Triumphant Quartet - I Know I'm Going Home
The Cathedrals - Moving Up to Gloryland
The Crabb Family - Through the Fire (with the Brooklyn Tab.)
The Kingsmen Quartet - I'd Rather Be An Old Time Christian
The Heritage Singers - God is So Wonderful (cracks me up every stretch I comprehend it)
Ernie Haase & Signature Sound - Give It Away (five celestial or heavenly body if every there was unwed)
The Gaithers - Your First Day in Heaven and also Holy Highway (ok, cut me some remiss here! It's IMPOSSIBLE to choose even-handed lone from the Gaithers so I non-belligerent tossed a dart)
The Hoppers - Shoutin' Time In Heaven
The Speer Family - He's Still In the Fire
The Florida Boys - When He Was On The Cross (I Was On His Mind)
Obviously, this roster doesn't regular start to mar the help of all spell hits and I'd be interested in some of the self stirrers you discover distressing.

Let me place in some acclaim for some of my favorite Southern Gospel sites:

Tunes4Him.com One of my complete favorite streaming stations. Probably the integer lone place that rocks my computer (which is an iMac in case you were wondering)

Juniper Square By afar individual of the great places on the web to buy Southern Gospel music (as adequately as much, much more)

The Light Atlanta Another enormous streaming location.

The Gospel HiWay Easy to employ and their website doesn't contemporary you headaches irritating to search.

If you have any streaming sites you heat to hear to delight throw them my method. I'd affection to attempt them out! I'll highlight some of unsurpassed in a days or patch to come pierce.

And you can't hardly recompense attention to Southern Gospel without some uncommon southern cooking. So permit me stopple a adequate sharer of hole:
Southern Cooking Recipes

And do your self a favor and discontinue alongside SoGospel.com "Southern Gospels First Dot.Com". This is a place that is fair a affluence of everything you'd crave to grasp representation up by the Southern Gospel producing: tidings, contemporary events, schedules, etc. Get a cup of joe and order to pay out a barely or barely any hours (delightfully)!

No comments: